Monday 12 November 2007

Potty Training

After a nearly non-existent summer here in the UK, I have decided to start potty training Oliver. I was hoping to do it months ago with the summer season but it wasn't warm enough to have him running around with no trousers on, then I was going to do it while in Australia last month but we were never home for more than 2 days in a row !!
Now that winter is drawing near (it is 8 degrees today), the heating has been on since we arrived home, it is warm enough inside the house for Oliver to be wearing no trousers.
I did actually start his training last weekend but he was ill with a bad cold during the week and wasn't in the mood to wear his under pants.
He has a potty in the lounge room and upstairs he has a seat for the big toilet. Yesterday was a really good day - he had no accidents at all!!! I was told that the biggest problem I would have is trying to get Oliver to do a poo in the potty. He so wanted to do one last night he asked for his nappy but I managed to bribe him with a new train if he went on the potty. After about 5 minutes, he said "I'm doing it, mummy". We praised him and gave him big hugs and kisses. I was really so proud of him and he was pleased with himself too!!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

LOL! We're in the middle of potty training our 2.5 year old son and it's not fun. He will not have a bar of it not like his older brother...so simnple.
The joys of being a parent lol!
~Take care~