Friday 31 August 2007

One more!



While my friend's Sarah and Brian are getting married we have another wedding to attend (Roger & Wendy) - actually there is a theme happening here. Both Sarah and Roger were in our wedding party when Rob and I were married 4/5 years ago. No, I am not confused on how many years we have been married and there is a story to this.........

....but first Roger & Wendy's card!

Supplies: Stamp: Anita's Bride & Groom. Ink: Brilliance Dew Drop (Pearlescent Lavender). Accessories: Papermania White flower, Lilac Organza Ribbon, Holographic Embossing Powder, Lilac Watercolour Pencil.



........I came to the UK in 2000 on a 2 year working visa. I met Rob 16 months into my stay. My employer at the time wanted to sponsor me and while that was happening my visa ran out. In the end the Home Office said no to the sponsorship so by this time Rob and I had been together for a year and were planning on a surprise visit to Australia for my mum's 60th Birthday in the June so they could meet Rob and to announce our engagement ! That was the plan !! When the Home Office said no to the sponsorship they also gave me 10 days to leave the country - NICE ONE!! I came home in tears and when Rob got home apart from comforting me he said "How about it?". Yes, that was his proposal as we were both stunned by what had happened that day and a little emotional. After a quick trip back to Australia to obtain my fiance visa we were married 2 months later in the June. As it was done so quickly, my parents couldn't attend so we went to the Registry Office and got married again and 12 months later where we had a lovely church wedding with my family there and all of our friend's in the UK. My other bridesmaid, Karen and her husband Steve came as they were planning a holiday to the UK at the same time so she was able to be my bridesmaid. So we laugh now and thank you to the Home Office !!! LOL

No comments: